- Summer Efficiencies Schedule Begins May 21
- Student Services Summer Hours (NEW)
- Travel Deadlines for End of Fiscal Year 2018
- Attention: June 4 – Purchase Requisitions
- Food Court Hours During Summer
- Tutoring Position Available!
- NWACC Bicycle Use and Attitudes Survey Spring 2018
- Say ‘THANKS’ to Faculty, Staff
- NWACC Discount at Smashburger
- 18-19 Federal Work-Study Request
- Urgent! Scholarship Reviewers Needed
- Brightwater Community Classes
- Run for Good: NWACC at the LPGA!
- Institutional Policy, Risk Management & Compliance Work Study Position Available (NEW)
- Math Department Work Study Position Available
- Apply by May 15th for the Henderson State $6,000 Transfer Scholarship
- Dental Assisting Program Applications
- Health Information Management Application Now Open
- Did You Know? Personal Counseling Is Free to Students
- Mental Health Screening
- NWACC IN THE NEWS (1 new item)
The Summer Efficiencies Schedule begins May 21 with the College being open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, except for selected programs.
The College will return to its 5-day work week beginning August 6, 2018.
We hope this information will be helpful as you plan meetings, vacations, and other events.
Student Services will follow the same Summer Efficiency Schedule as the College, beginning Monday, May 21.
Student service hours will be Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Closed on Friday.
Travel Requisitions – All travel requisitions must be received by June 4, 2018.
- Please finalize your FY 2018 travel plans this month and submit all new requests to the Travel Accountant by June 4th.Only emergencies will be considered after this date. This includes travel and mileage reimbursements. All of these expenses must be expensed in the fiscal year they were incurred.
Diane Gower, Travel Accountant
June 4 is the deadline for ALL Purchase Requisitions: This date applies to the submission of purchase requisitions on-line and paper submitted to the purchasing department. All requisitions that arrive to the Purchasing Department after June 4 will be held and processed July 2 for Fiscal Year 2019. Only JUSTIFIED emergency orders will be considered after this date. Emergency orders are products and services that are essential to the operations of the College & servicing of the students per Arkansas Code 19-11-204 (4).
Please feel welcome to contact the Purchasing Department with any questions or inquiries. Purchasing will work to ensure that everyone’s needs are taken care of in a timely manner as we approach year end.
Food Court Summer Hours for May 14 – Aug 18 will be:
- Oasis Coffee — Monday through Thursday: 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Lindy’s Cafe — CLOSED
- O’Deli —Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- ReChargeU Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CLOSED : Friday
- Barnes & Noble Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CLOSED: Friday
Please post the attached flier in your areas.
The Office of Student Success is looking to hire a tutor! The tutor must be financial aid eligible; the attached flier contains details.
Contact Danielle Schader at email@example.com for more information.
NWACC is seeking your feedback on bicycle use at our campus locations. This brief survey will take less than three minutes to complete and will offer us valuable insights into new ways to improve your campus and transportation experience. Even if you do not ride a bicycle, we want to hear from you. Thank you in advance for your participation!
It’s a good time to say THANKS! Outstanding faculty and staff do make a difference.
NWACC THANKS provides a way to say “thanks” for a job well done.
THANKS can be offered by students, staff or faculty. and you may choose to remain anonymous. Your note will be sent to the recipient as an email, with a copy going to our college President, Dr. Evelyn Jorgenson. Show your appreciation and give THANKS here: https://www.nwacc.edu/web/disted-fac/thanks
During the month of May, NWACC students, faculty and staff will receive 15% off their entire purchase at Smashburger in Bentonville. This is offer is valid any day, and time with a valid NWACC ID.
A related May flier is attached.
To request a new Federal Work-Study position for 18-19, log into My NWACC Connection click EMPLOYEE click My Work scroll down to My Processes and click Request a Work-Study Position. NEW:
Supervisors who have current federal work-study positions filled have been notified and do not need to complete a request for 18-19.
The 2018-19 Scholarship review is in progress and your help is needed.
If you have not signed up to review scholarships, you still can! Scholarships are so important to our students and to NWACC. Please join our review team and help us review and award our 2018-2019 NWACC Scholarships.
The review deadline is May 22, 2018. Please email Diane Hanna at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Brightwater: A Center for the Study of Food plans to offer several community classes, and you may want to check some of these offerings.
The schedule follows, and class description fliers are attached to the class listing.
- Tuesday, May 15, 7 – 9 p.m.: Spirits: Mezcal with Yeyo’s | $90
- Wednesday, May 16, 3 – 6 p.m.: A Night on the Mosel | $20
- Thursday, May 17, 7 – 9 p.m.: Beer 101 | $30
- Tuesday, May 22, 7 – 9 p.m.: Spirits: Grape & Pomace | $60
- Wednesday, May 23, 7 – 9 p.m.: Wine & Craft Chocolate Pairings | $80
- Thursday, May 24, 7 – 9 p.m.: Kids Cook, Parents Relax: Beer | $120/family of 4
Lace up your shoes, put together a rocking playlist and join Team NWACC in participating in the Corporate Challenge at the 5k @ the LPGA event on June 23 at the Walmart AMP!
The event includes a 1k (0.62 miles) and 5k (3.1 miles) course where participants can run, walk, and/or run/walk the distance. Registration cost is $20 until June 16. Participants receive a ticket to the LPGA tournament, performance race shirt, race medal, breakfast and more!
The Corporate Challenge awards offices for Fastest Office, Fittest Office, and Most Spirited Office.
Register to participate or come out and support NWACC as they compete for these awards. It is perfectly fine and acceptable to walk the entire course. Go at your pace! A related flyer is attached — LPGA poster.
For more information on the event or for running or race guidance, please contact Kate Sosna email@example.com or Jason Degn firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for the event, please open the following link: http://www.nwachampionship.com/5k-at-the-lpga/. select NWACC from the Corporate Challenge Team drop-down under Additional Information during registration.
WORK STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
The Institutional Policy, Risk Management & Compliance department has a work-study position open for the Summer and the Fall and we would like this information put out in the daily announcements. I have attached a flyer with the contact information for you to include in the announcement.
A related Work-Study flier is attached.
The Math Department is seeking a highly reliable and motivated student to fill a work-study position. The position primarily involves cleaning math classrooms and related spaces and maintaining departmental calculators. Requires availability evenings and Fridays and Saturdays. The salary is $9.00 an hour for up to 19 hours a week. To apply, or for more information, contact Teresa O’Brien at email@example.com.
STUDENT TRANSFER INFORMATION
Are you interested in or intending to transfer to Henderson State University (HSU) in Arkadelphia for Fall 2018?
Will you have earned an Associate’s Degree with 60 or more transferable hours when you graduate this spring? If so, you are eligible to apply for the Presidential Transfer Scholarship now! This scholarship pays $6,000 a year to one NWACC student.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements: Completion of at least an Associate’s Degree and minimum of 60 transferrable credit hours at time of transfer (no more than 15 hours at another university). Continued eligibility is dependent on minimum completion of 15 hours per semester minimum completion of 30 hours per year to renew for consecutive semesters and maintaining a cumulative 3.0 GPA at the end of each academic year.
- To apply, email TransferPathways@nwacc.edu . a. In the body of the email, please include your name, NWACC student ID, phone number, NWACC email address, intended major at Henderson State University, and a brief summary of your future career plans.
- If you have further questions or need assistance, please contact Ashley Byrd, Associate Director of Transfer Services, at the email address above. A related HSU Word document is attached.
The Dental Assisting Program applications will be available beginning April 1 on the Dental Assisting Program page of the NWACC website: https://www.nwacc.edu/web/programs_dental_assisting/
Applications will be accepted through mid-August. Interviews are scheduled on a first-to-apply, first-to-interview process. Interviews will begin mid-April. Once the roster is filled, applicants’ names will be placed on a waiting list for changes to the roster. For any questions or problems applying, please contact Darcy Humphries at firstname.lastname@example.org or Glenda Lee at email@example.com .
The Health Information Management (HIM) application can be found at: https://www.nwacc.edu/web/academics_healthProfessions/applications Students must have a NWACC username and password in order to apply.
To submit an application, click on the “Health Professions Applications” button, enter your NWACC username and password, select the Program you want to apply to, answer the questions on the page, and submit. You will then be redirected back to the Health Professions Program Applications page, on that page next to Health Information Management, there is a document you can open, it has information about the Health Information Management program eligibility requirements and selection criteria, be sure and read this page, there are additional requirements that need to be done to complete your application. (you do not have to submit an application to see this page).
For questions about the HIM program or if you have trouble submitting the application, please email HealthProfessions@nwacc.edu
NWACC offers personal and career counseling to students through our new Counseling & Wellness Center.
Counseling is free for students and available on the main campus Monday-Friday. To schedule an appointment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, (479) 619-4128 or visit us on the 2nd Floor of the Becky Paneitz Student Center.
Mental health is a key part of your overall health. Brief screenings are the quickest way to determine if you or someone you care about should connect with a mental health professional – it’s a checkup from your neck up. To take a screening, OPEN THIS LINK or go to NWACC/Campus and Community Resources. Screenings do not provide a diagnosis of any medical condition. The information provided by the screenings do not substitute for a full evaluation by a health professional.